Abuja Enterprise Agency (AEA) is the FCT vehicle for Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) developmentabout us and poverty reduction. The Agency was set up by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) in collaboration with the Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN), and with support of the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID).
- To champion the awareness of the importance of entrepreneurship within the FCT.
- To provide excellent support services to new and existing businesses.
- To encourage and promote ethical business practices amongst the local business community.
- To facilitate or provide workspace for new and growing businesses
- To facilitate access to finance for viable business proposals.
- To support businesses to overcome barriers imposed by bureaucratic bottlenecks
- To encourage and promote the use of technology.
- Outreach Services: Delivering business awareness and sensitization to FCT residents and micro businesses in the Area Council.
- Training Services: Providing entrepreneurial skills acquisition and development.
- Research Services: Providing comprehensive and up-to-date information on new/existing business opportunities.
- Business Counselling: Providing one to one confidential interactive and advisory business sessions.
- Mentoring: Providing Linkage between start-ups and successful existing enterprises.
- Internet and Library Services: One stop resource centre featuring secretariat services, SME development books, both in electronic and hard materials for members.
- Business Clinics: Facilitating affordable and accessible business registration and information on regulatory needs e.g. [CAC, NIPC, NAFDAC]
- Abuja SME Online: Electronic Directory for showcasing, promoting and advertising FCT businesses to the world.
- Workspace Facilitation: Providing advice and support on identifying and securing business workspace.
- Consultancy: Providing institutional support on design, development and execution of ideas, projects for business outfit (e.g. recruiting, branding).
- Access to Finance: Accessing needs and facilitating access to microfinance, commercial funds and leasing.
- Policy Advocacy: Identifying and Securing suitable enabling environment and conditions for enterprises.
AEA Entrepreneurial Complex
Plot 74, Sector Centre A Cadastral Zone B15, Jahi, Abuja, FCT
P.O.Box: 9734, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.